Thursday, July 27, 2017

Formatting problems with ebook of Age of Swords


I started seeing some reports of odd line breaks in the ebook of Age of Swords that made it difficult to tell when a scene ended and when one is continuing. My initial thought was that this must be a one time fluke and the person seeing the problem should just re-download. Then I got another report and then another. So I bought a copy myself, and verified that there is indeed a problem.


I've, of course, contacted my publisher, and I'm sure they'll get it addressed right away.

In the meantime, I've created a fixed ebook that doesn't suffer from the problem. If you want a copy, do the following:
  1. Send an email to michael.sullivan.dc@gmail.com with a subject of "Send corrected Age of Swords ebook"
  2. Attach proof of purchase (your receipt or a screenshot of the book in your library.
And I'll email you a link where you can get your corrected version.

I apologize for this inconvenience, and we'll get it fixed just as soon as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Just let us know, when they fix the Kindle edition on Amazon, so those of us that bought it from there can re-download it (I hope such an option exists on Kindle, BTW - I've never done it before).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't ALWAYS happen, and I'm not sure what causes the magic combination is. I've tried reading it 5 or 6 different ways (cloud reader, on a device, using the kindle app on iPad, using kindle app on a computer - and all but one of them shows up just fine. But, yes, I'll let you know once it is fixed.

    ReplyDelete